Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor - Lucy Christopher Published to http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/This was totally not what I was expecting. At all. Gemma was stolen by Ty, a man who has watched her for years and somehow, thinks he is saving her. Gemma lives a shadow of a life: she haunts her way through her days until the day she is stolen. All the while of living the life of a captor, she's treated like diamonds. Ty obviously adores her and wants her to be happy. With him. Only him. She feels trapped in the middle of the desert where there is no other living person for hundreds of miles. Ty's created his own paradise in the middle of no where. He expects Gemma to love him, to thank him for taking away from all she's ever known. When she doesn't he's confused and doesn't know what to do. He tries to make her want to stay.Through all of this, Gemma finds herself falling for her captor. Then, something goes horribly wrong.....This whole book did something to my mind. Ty really thinks he's doing what's best for Gemma- the girl he's watched since she was ten. The book shocked me, to be honest. It was a beautiful kind of scary. Gemma's voice was vivid in the letter she's writing to Ty. Her emotions are raw, real and untouched. The way the book way laid out made it so real. The book was gripping until the end. The finale was not what I expected at all. It had closure and a finish, but it was like everybody was giving up. I dunno. Is that what happens? All the air is sucked out and the life force is near zero? People are living in shells?The book wasn't perfect. The story wasn't perfect. I'm glad it wasn't perfect or Gemma's story would have never felt that real.