Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken

Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)

Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2) - Katie Kacvinsky http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/There's something special about the way Kacvinsky writes. It's as is she's been through the elements. She knows what it's like to be trapped, to be free, to be happy, to be sad, to be in love and to be loved. She lets her emotions shine through her writing. There's no lies or sugar coated fantasies in her writing, just the straight truth.Kacvinsky made me want to buy a camera and travel the world taking pictures of seemingly ordinary things only to discover the unique laugh lines and the way the sun hits a salamander a certain way. I want to go to Hong Kong and Brazil. I want to make people smile as we discuss why croissants are called croissants and not crispy, flaky buttery goodness or melt in your mouth bread item. I want to document everyone of my thoughts just so I can replay them and listen. Most of all, I want to live in the moment and not plan a single thing. How crazy is that? To not know whats going to happen next? To do something because YOU love it, not because it's been planned for you? This book, well, these two books, First Comes Love and Second Chance, makes me want to find who I am. This is not just a book to me. It helped me realize that every single thing has beauty, people are just lost souls looking for their sun. Some people need a constant sun, some need a moon. Okay, enough about me. Let's talk literature. The characters in this book are so pronounced. It amazing. Dylan is by far the best character I have ever read. Ever. She's a traveler looking for herself in every person she meets, and she finds bits and pieces of herself in everyone. She's a puzzle with her pieces scattered all around the world. Dylan can't stay in one place for long and she changes everyone she meets: helps them find love, in people, places, ideas...themselves. She is by no means perfect but she just makes people Better. How amazing is that? She sets goals without restraints. Make someone happy, do something nice, get a new perspective (even a squirrels), do something random, give something a story. It's.....well....amazing. There is no one else like her. And Gray. He is just so broken. He's still learning who he is when Dylan has herself all figured out. He was a caged bird and Dylan set him free. His twin sister died and only in Dylan did he ever really figure out what he had been missing. His guitar, baseball, people, himself and love. In each other they found a mad, passionate love that is one for the history books. It was epic filled with jumping on train cars and giving churches a history and going to abandoned towns and hikes and picture taking. It was adventurous and scary and so, so real. Kacvinsky is an amazing writer. Every single emotion portrayed in these pages was so real: the heartbreak, the love, the pain, the acceptance. She wrote this book in a way that's more about finding yourself in pieces of the world. Everything has a story, whether you write it or there is one written down. Bacon even has a song, for crying out loud.So please, please do yourself a favor and get your hands on these books as fast as you can. You'll never regret it.