Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken

The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood)

The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood) - Trisha Wolfe *received for blog tour*http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/3.5 New Adult is a rising genre, and I have to say, I love it. The main thing with all the NA drama is it focuses of self discovery. Usually the main character(s) are broken in some way and through out the book they heal and figure out who they are and what they want from life. This is exactly what Trisha did and it was done beautifully. This book deals with some heavy subjects that a lot of books don't dare touch. Yes, a lot of authors kill of the loving and utterly devoted boyfriend (rawr) but hardly any have the heartbroken girlfriend (and fiance) see his ghost. Sam doesn't just see his ghost but can heard him talk. And she talks back. There is so much conspiracy around Tyler's death and she is drowning in everything. Then, she decides to take a road trip to everywhere they would've gone on their honeymoon they planned. And she's taking Holden, Tyler's older, artsy brother with her. Against her will, of course. They're both hiding so much from each other on the trip that it's a little aggravating. And even though Holden is head over sneakers in love with Sam, he's totally afraid of her mental illness. He's afraid of breaking her. He's afraid her won't be able to put her back together if and when she does break. He's afraid that she won't ever get over his brother. He's afraid she doesn't want to. "He’s got some deep-seeded anger, a past that haunts him, and I don’t think I’m strong enough to wrestle his ghosts. Not while I’m dancing with mine."I love Holden. His emotions in this book were raw and real and oh so very scary (hey that rhymed) He was just as broken as Sam even though he doesn't show it nearly as much. He wanted to help her so much and he didn't know how. It was like his brother all over again except this time he's in love with the person he can't help. It's killing him to see her becoming a shell of her former self. Sam is awesome. She has her good days and her bad days. She's having a hard time letting go and this trip, even though it hurts, brings her closer to Holden, brings her back to herself and helps her let go of Tyler. She is so strong. Mel and Darla are awesome. I really don't know how to explain their awesomeness. *shrugs* I love, love LOVE how the title was incorporated into the book. Ohmigosh. It's almost a summary of the entire book. The way Sam describes The Darkest Part Of A Tree then how Holden does. It's kinda perfect. "I may have zero chance with Sam. But if she ever does give me a shot, I won’t back out this time. Not for anyone. Not even his ghost."Overall this story was heartbreakingly beautiful. It didn't draw me in as a lot of other New Adult books do. It was decent, just not really rip your heart out awesome. I mean I would read this again just because I adore Holden. (have I mentioned I love Holden. Book Boyfriend, anyone?) The story is filled with secrets, lost love, renewed hope, new love and then sprinkled with desire. I mean this is New Adult (; Should you read it? Uhm, yes. Holden. Is. Awesome.