Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken

Of Beast and Beauty

Of Beast and Beauty - Stacey Jay 3.75http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/Of Beast and Beauty is an enchanting retelling of the classic Beauty and the Beast, complete with sci-fi feelings, a love the will rest in the stars and a world on the brink of self destruction.Have I ever told y'all how much I freaking adore retelling. Have you read When You Were Mine (a Romeo and Juliet retelling in the voice of Rosaline)? You really should, it's one of my favorite Shakespeare retellings. I got a new hardcover of that book for $3. Mwahah.Anyway, back to the current book at hand. Although I really like this book, there were a few issues I feel I need to address. Why? I have decided to end this review on a happy note. You're welcome.For the first 60% of the book they are both completely idiotic idiots who are UNDENIABLY feeling something for each other, yet, because they are different (but not as different as you'd think) choose to think that the love they feel is hate. *rolling my eyes* They are just so stupid. But after they realize that they can be together (thank the ancestors) they are all like. Let's do this!!! And I'm like IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!! This is told from three perspectives: Bo, Isra and Gem. Oh how I love Gem ^.^ Mainly Isra and I really like her voice. It's strong but naive and innocent. Gem doesn't realize how shielded she really is and blames her for everything. Or maybe he just wanted a reason to hate her so he could convince himself he wasn't in love.Of course fate is a terrible thing as you probably remember from Beauty and the Beast, death is involved but so is revival. But, remember, this is a retelling and I'm not going to tell you how our star crossed lovers survive.