Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken

Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone - Read my full rant/review/ awesome pictues at http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/ “I'm sorry it took me so long to see you, Alina. But I see you now.” Let me start off with this book is nothing like what I expected.I expected a poorly executed novel of female heroism with some romance in for a fair twist. I expected names that I don't usually see like 'Mal' and 'Alina' to be annoying and take away from the book. But, no, no ,no, no...It set the scene perfectly and made the book seem so real. I could feel the attacks and blows that she took. I could see The Darkling stealing her heart....and I could see Mal stealing it back.“I'm not like you, Mal. I never really fit in the way you did. I never really belonged anywhere.""You belonged with me.” And I loved it.So much.I thought Mal and Alina's past as cute: the whole best friends since abandoned in an orphanage it different.I'm still in awe I guess. It's like nothing I've ever read. Yeah I love it. I guess y'all are wondering why I gave it four stars instead of five. And.....I don't know. It just doesn't feel like a five star book. *shrugs* “Mal,"I whispered into the night."What?""Thanks for finding me.""Always.”I thought the Stag was a nice thing to throw in...and the whole sacrificial love is pretty amazing. And when Alina is taken by the Grisha....dude that scene is intense and my heart was pounding. And Mal just stood there. Good thing he felt guilty for it later or I would have had to slap it. Hard. More than once. Upside his hard, hard head.And, and----no wait I can't say that. That would be revealing too much. So sorry guys.Hehehe(There is more! To read it go to my blog http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/