Jackienobentspines

Reboot
Amy Tintera
All Our Pretty Songs
Sarah McCarry
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
Rachel Harris
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
Julie Kagawa
Taken

Divergent (Divergent Series #1)

Divergent - Veronica Roth One choice can transform youIn Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her. One choice .....decides your friendsOne choice.....defines your belifsOne choice.....determines your loyalties, foreverOne choice can transform youMy Rating: 3.5 StarsOkay everybody, before you get your pitchforks and hunt me down listen to my reasons. I love the dystopian kind of theme and this was just spot on with the images I kind of think of when I think 'dystopian.' The book was amazingly written and everything was in perfect sequence, but I just couldn't get into it. The author is extremely talented and is good at the visuals, but I think she needs to work on conjuring emotions a bit more.When people die in book that I really like I usually have a bit of waterworks going, but in this book there was none. Nada. Zip. Zero. I think Four (Tobias) is the freaking best person ever. Oh. And by the way, I so called it in like chapter 6. Dude. Their relationship isn't perfect and I LOVED IT!!!"I might be in love with you," He says smiling a little, "but I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you."Best. Line. Ever. (Seriously. Love it.) But the thing was, Four was a super cold brained jerk in the beginning. And, I don't know, sarcasm. I just love it guys. Love it."I thought I would only have trouble with the Candor asking questions," he says coldly, "Now I've got Stiffs too?""It must be because you're so approachable." I say flatly. "You know. Like a bed of nails."So yeah. three and a half stars.